From here, where does the water flow?
“The water that comes to the bay comes from other bodies of water that lead into the bay… Mashapaug is part of that.”
Mashapaug Pond is connected to other ponds in South Providence, and from these ponds, the rest of the city and the state. The interconnected nature of a watershed means that pollution at Mashapaug doesn’t only affect Mashapaug-adjacent people. Listen to experts discuss where the water goes and what that means.
- Alyssa Wood
- Bob McMahon
- Ed Hooks
- Audio and transcript from interview with Alyssa Wood
- Audio and transcript from interview with Bob McMahon
- Audio and transcript from interview with Ed Hooks
- Image of the Mashapaug Pond watershed, from Rhode Island Department Environmental Management
- Changes to Mashapaug’s Shape, by Lily Benedict
- Murphy Trainor Park, by Chang Lu
Clip created by Benjamin Luton.