What connects people to this place?
“We were all one.”
This stop, located at Murphy Trainor Park, focuses on the ways that Mashapaug Pond has been a community center for centuries. The community may change, but the ties were strong. Does that remain true today? Why or why not?
- Scott Molloy
- Ralph Simmons
- Dave Talan
- Tall Oak Weeden
- June Simmons-McRae
- Audio and transcript for interview with Scott Molloy
- Audio (part I & part II) and transcript for interview with Ralph Simmons
- Audio and transcript for interview with Dave Talan
- Audio and transcript for interview with Tall Oak Weeden
- Audio and transcript (part I & part II) for interview with June Simmons-McRae
- The Jewish Community in Providence, RI: A brief look, by Lucy Boltz
- The gathering at Mashapaug, by Anya Ventura
- We just wanted to have our park: foundation stories behind the Murphy-Trainor Memorial Park, by Chang Lu
Clip created by Chris Fitzsimmons.