What does the pond mean to people nearby?
“We love the quietness… the peacefulness.”
Mashapaug has some problems, the most dangerous of which is the pollution left by the Gorham Manufacturing Company. But what do these issues mean for the future of the pond? More than that, how do these issues affect the people who live and work around the pond? Surprisingly, many of its closest neighbors appreciate the pond for the continual moments of joy and unexpected encounters with birds and animals it brings.
- Elizabeth Camp
- Leeshonel Ayala
- Sam Prak
- Alyssa Wood
- Audio and transcript of interview by Elizabeth Camp
- Audio and transcript of interview by Leeshonel Ayala
- Audio and transcript of interview by Sam Prak
- Audio and transcript of interview by Alyssa Wood
- Demography of Lakeview Drive and Crescent Street, by Cynthia Fong and Abigail Ettelman
Clip created by Chris Fitzsimmons.